I just build a new german marketing page for my consulting company. It’s build with bootstrap and is much nicer than the old one, and has a full responsive design. Here is the before and after comparison:
Here are some thoughts I took home from ping conference:
- Future applications will have more needs for functional programming. This demand is driven by async userinterfaces and data streaming over http from different sources. Think of an application streaming the realtime positions of cars to a map. Maybe a taxi search.
- For me it’s not sure if the lambda functions for java 8 will be a door opener to bring more people to scala. Or will java lambda with some additional libraries good enough to not switch to scala?
- Almost every speaker at the conference uses IntelliJ on a Mac. There is probably a reason for that.
- To be prepared for future functional programming challenges I should read the wizard book again and learn about free monads.
All over a great conference and really worth the travel. Also budapest is really a nice city to travel to.
Here are some impressions from ping conference budapest. Great talks on play framework, scala and functional programming.
Self signed certificates are common, especially on testservers. The java default solution to add the certificate to every developers and buildservers java vm is a pain in the ass. For the play WS api there is an easy workaround.
To use it you have add the following static calls to the class with the webservice call:
I try to make it a habit to read/listen to 2 business or personal education related books each month. I finally finished the last one today. Here is my read list for 2013 in chronological order:
- Eat that frog ( audio book )
- Business Fiction ( book )
- The magic of thinking big ( audio book )
- Think and Grow Rich ( audio book )
- The Power of Positive Thinking ( audio book )
- Steve Jobs. Die autorisierte Biografie des Apple-Gründers ( audio book )
- Free Agent Nation: The Future of Working for Yourself ( audio book )
- Designing Web Applications ( Pdf )
- Start with Why ( audio book )
- Glückskinder ( audio book )
- Sale. Die neuen Verkäufer ( audio book )
- Anything You Want ( audio book )
- Do the work ( audio book )
- Poke the Box ( audio book )
- Erfolgsgeheimnis Führungskultur: Bilanz eines Unternehmers ( book )
- Investment Punk ( book )
- The Millionaire Next Door ( audio book )
- Outliers ( audio book )
- Der A-Quotient ( book )
- Play for Java ( ebook )
- Die Dukan Diät ( ebook )
- 59 Seconds ( audio book )
- The Power of Habit ( audio book )
- Der Pragmatische Programmierer ( book )
As you can see, the majority are audiobooks. I try to always listen to a audio book when driving or workout.